Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #2461
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow... roffles. They really want to desecrate FF, don't they?

  2. #2462
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im hoping FFXII will do something to redeem the series, but right now it looks like a mix between Star Wars and Skies of Arcadia, with very few ideas to claim for itself. Matsuno-san did the same thing for Final fantasy Tactics Advance, by specifically admitting that the whole plot was inspired by the Neverending Story films.

    I played Melty Blood today with OCB and Raij. The animation and gameplay mechanics arent half bad for an unprofessional 2D fighter. I had a good time, and i thought the controls, while a little simple, were better than the convoluted Street Fighter series'. The music and voice-acting are well pulled off too, and add to the overall polish of the title. The characters are a bit dull though, especially after playing the likes of Guilty Gear; there isnt enough detail to immediately differentiate between them in terms of design.
    Still, Guilty Gear X2:Reload is superior in every way, and will probably be the best 2D fighter until GGX3. Whenever that comes out.

    Also, by Xel's preference, im about to start Tales of Symphonia. I'll rent Baten Kitos sometime later though, just to make sure of what im missing out on.

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 08, 2005 07:29 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  3. #2463
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I rented Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory... I don't like it, dark enviroments (but nice graphics), boring plot, some nice gameplay but parts are just annoying and sadly it has a lot of these annoying parts.

    I bought God of War and I love it, a nice Adventure/Beat 'Em Up Game, mature themes. Mythology buffs, will enjoy it a lot. It pulls no punches, blood, violence, nudity, not to mention all the fighting. Plus pretty graphics for the PS2. I'm glad I bought it.

  4. #2464
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Haha, and a hungarian Pc magazine said chaos theory is the best game(98%). I never liked that type of games.

  5. #2465
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Buy Devil May Cry 1 and 3 N, if ya liked God of War.

    Good Cata! You won't be dissapointed with ToS.

  6. #2466
    Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2002
    Posts
    3,653
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Ral-kun's link: Ain't those just cameo outfits? I wouldn't really called it further raping of the FF series.

    I got Kirby 64 today. It's a nice simple platformer. It looks great for an N64 game.

  7. #2467
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Xel: I'll rent them first just to make sure, I'll rent the first DMC when I return Splinter Cell.

  8. #2468
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT OCB - Its directly relying on the popularity of the FF series to sell. While Squaresoft used to do this with things like Ehrgeiz and Chocobo Racing, they havent done it on such a regular basis as they are now, and thats why fans are starting to complain.

  9. #2469
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Gonna reinstall Resident Evil 2, since I can't find my Project I.G.I. CD yet, I get back to odler games which gave me a lot of fun. ^^

  10. #2470
    Senior Hostboard Member Hell Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 7th, 2004
    Posts
    2,434
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hate project I.G.I because it shows no cross-hair, and the shooting is impossible without it

    <font color="#345E81" size="1">[ April 09, 2005 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Hell Knight ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •